It's just one of though comfort foods that just makes you feel at home.
- 19 oz fava bean and chick pea mix, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 lbs ground pork, optional
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/2 cup beer
- 12 oz crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 onion diced
- 11 oz corn (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the fava bean and chick pea mix, then set aside.
- In a large pot on medium fry the ground pork, until brown, then set aside.
- Deglaze the pot with broth and add the tomatoes, onions, and corn.
- Once vegetables cooked to desired tenderness add seasoning and sugar (taste as you add each and judge the flavour).
- Add pork back and beer let simmer on low heat.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes (will thicken as it simmers, pull off if getting too thick)
- Lastly add roasted beans and chickpeas, let heat for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy (top with sour cream for a real treat).
- Author: Kody Duncan
- Category: Meals
- Views: 67
- Date Published:
- Prep: PT15M
- Cook: PT15M
- Total: PT15M
- Yield: 6 Servings