Mac and Cheese
Is a better way to use up leftover cheese in the fridge, then making Mac and Cheese. I personally love my Mac and Cheese with a crumble on top and sometimes bacon. This time I snuck in some vegetables. You never know they where there.
- 1 lb noodles, of choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup table cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Shredded gruyere
- Shredded old cheddar
- Bread crumbs or panko
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- First cook your noodles (follow the directions on package).
- Strain your pasta, but save the pasta water, and set aside both.
- Using a oven safe pan start making a roux by melting the butter and slowly stirring the flour into the butter until the mixture is toasted.
- Once roux is ready we'll add the table cream and cream cheese, mix until well incorporated. If mixture too thin or too thick add some pasta water to adjust.
- Next start adding the cheese (eqauls parts of each type), but reserve some each cheese for later.
- Once cheese has melted and is well incorporated take off the heat.
- Combine noodles with cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs and the reserved cheese sprinkle on top. Then cover before putting in oven.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes, then uncovered for another 10 minutes
- Lastly for five minutes cook uncovered using the broiler. Enjoy!
- Author: Kody Duncan
- Category: Meals
- Views: 72
- Date Published:
- Prep: PT10M
- Cook: PT20M
- Total: PT20M
- Yield: 4 Servings